What is HASPI?
HEALTH AND SCIENCE PIPELINE INITIATIVE
HASPI is a collaborative network of K-16 educators, industry representatives, and community organizations that are actively engaged in the common effort to improve students’ ultimate success in healthcare professions. HASPI preparation is intended for students of all academic levels and backgrounds.
HASPI's three primary goals are to:
- Increase health/medical career awareness
- Improve science proficiency in middle school, high school and college science courses
- Ease student transition to post secondary programs and improve retention rates
Students that complete a HASPI Health Career Pathway course sequence will be prepared to pursue any health training program of their choice, from technician to physician.
HASPI is building kits for the 2015-16 school year. If you are interested in ordering a Medical Biology, Medical Anatomy & Physiology, Medical Chemistry or Medical Physical Science kit, contact Daynah at Daynah.HooperRobledo@gcccd.edu for more information.
Life Sciences Summer Institute Internships
2015 LSSI HS Online Application is now available - Deadline March 28th!
LSSI is accepting applications through Saturday, March 28th for its 2015 summer program. Now entering its 11th year of connecting high school students with internships at The Scripps Research Institute, Salk Institute, and UCSD Extension, the LSSI program includes a one-week pre-internship "boot camp" of hands-on research experience held at Grossmont and Miramar colleges with college credit, as well as the opportunity earn college prep units from UCSD, Extension.
- Program Dates: June 22-August 14, 2015
- Boot Camp: June 22-26, 2015
- Deadline to apply: Saturday, March 28, 2015 (11:59pm PST)
Eligibility Requirements to apply Include:
- At least 16 years of age on or before June 29, 2015
- Min. 3.0 GPA
- Have taken at least a year of biology and chemistry
- Commit to 40hrs/wk for the duration of the program
Please see application guidelines for additional requirements and instructions.
LINK TO APPLY: http://workforce.org/life-sciences-summer-institute
If there are any questions, please don't hesitate to contact: Erika Arangure, Project Coordinator at email@example.com